Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Belated Mother's Day Post

I love that Tate can turn anything into a party or celebration. She is going on her 2nd grade field trip today, with her daddy, and she is beyond excited. She could hardly do her homework last night, and then she decided to make hers and his lunch for today (oh the patience that took - peanut butter and jelly mess, and seriously, 30 minutes later and a VERY full bag of "stuff").

Tonight I leave for Yellowstone. My mom and I are going together, to work on their rental place a bit, and to enjoy a lot. I am most excited about not being woken up at 5:30am to feed dogs, to having a full bed by myself (I will miss David, just not moving dogs at my feet), and about sitting and being with my mom with beautiful surroundings. Wine, knitting, picnics, so excited. I just may pack some pb&j sandwiches!! :-)

Mother's day was lovely - the kids and David made me pancakes. I had to go back to bed to receive them! Tate made a delicious fruit salad, cherries, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, bananas. Like I said, she loves a celebration. I could hear them all in the kitchen talking, then all of a sudden, three people yelling at each other, then back to conversation - it was hilarious. They brought me flowers, cards, and each of them had made a poem.




Smith had a noon soccer game. 80 degree weather (my calves got some color!). Toward the end, our goalie kicked a ball, and one of our players was right in its path - very close to the kick, got hit with the ball and broke both his lower arm bones!! Poor guy. He and his mom spent the rest of the day in the ER. The boys had 5 more minutes to play after that, and at the end of the game, battered by the other team and shaken by their buddy's injury, they came off the field with a flower for each mom. Last year it was a bit more enthusiastic, but I believe we won that game last year!

I was typing out my list of stuff for David to have while I am away - things like who the kids are going home with, when to give the dogs their medicines, etc. I think I have some serious job security. It's hard putting all that is in my head down on paper, and coordinating who is going where and how it impacts the others. Moms are awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers