Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lazy Susan

I heart Ikea. BIG heart. Love the place - we are redoing our family room, getting rid of a big clunky old armoire (used to hold one of the deep tv's) and putting in Ikea's expedit shelving and an old schoolhouse desk that I'm going to repaint. Saw it on pinterest, but mine is going to be a mustard yellow up against our red wall. I've wanted to do this for a number of years (well, something like this, but finally got all the ideas together in my head!) and it's so exciting it's actually going to happen! I'm starting to work from home and work next week - it's been 5 months of working full time at the office, and I'm so excited to be home 3 days a week starting next week. SO EXCITED!!!! This little nook of mine will make it all the better. Pictures soon...but here is partly the "before"...we had a nice fire going and David and Smith were all snuggled up together after dinner. You'll see Smith in the piano picture - that's about all the love the piano has been getting lately. Piano is now in the living room, things are a'changing!!





Oh, dinner! So the lazy susan! We bought it at Ikea for $7 (total impulse buy, although I'd been hitting Salvation Army lately to find one) and that very night, we had baguettes with a bunch of toppings on the lazy susan - avocado, roasted garlic, salami, goat cheese, fresh pepper and kosher salt - oh my mouth is watering! I didn't take a picture but should have. I am planning meals around this thing!

Had a GREAT day at the part today, David got home a little earlier than usual and we did leap frog in the park, soccer, etc. Really good family time. Love afternoons like these.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers