Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The President is in the 'BURG!

We had a very exciting visitor to our humble town and local high school last week - President Obama! I am a bit left of center, and I really like our President. I do! His speech was great, very inspiring, got us all fired up. Both Smith and Tate were ready to vote even though, well, they have a few more years ahead of them before they can. The two of them actually got interviewed by an international station, but she is doing a story to be released later. I couldn't hear what he was saying, but Smith was going on and on and on. Until Tate cut in - no shy kids here.

Across the street from our high school was a house with about 50 Romney signs and a Romney tour bus. NOT KIDDING. It was huge with ROMNEY all over it. I also saw and heard a lot of people talking about how the school shouldn't host Obama, because it's an endorsement of him by our county. People, please. It is the President of the United States. POTUS. While, again, I'm slightly left of center, I did not care for George W one little bit. But you'd better believe I would have seen him if he were at the high school behind our neighborhood! It's the PRESIDENT. Respect the office! I won't go into my thoughts on Romney versus Obama here - but suffice to say I would also be at any Romney rally that were held in our town. Seriously. To listen. To show respect for someone working hard to try and become a world leader. OUR world leader. 

Stepping off soap box now...here are some great pictures!

oh the line!

95 degrees and standing outside for 5 hours

more lines

tate being interviewed

actual size from where we were...

...and with zoom...President Barack Obama!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers