Sunday, November 11, 2012

Pinterest and Books

Pinterest is about to do me in. Oh the ideas! But it's like Family Fun magazine - the pressure of being the perfect mom, host, cook, fashionista is more than a bit overwhelming.


However.


This is my absolute craziest time at work - two major MAJOR projects due within 2 weeks of each other, two meetings on opposite coasts, two smaller (but just as important) projects to complete, not to mention about a gazillion other parts of the job that rest on my shoulders. I can finally take a small breath around December 12, a whopping 13 days prior to Christmas. So...here's my idea.

I saw a cute thing on Pinterest about wrapping 25 (already owned) children's books up, having a cozy blanket nearby, and having the kids unwrap one every night so we can snuggle and read a story. I think that will be a much needed break from reality every evening, and maybe we should also make part of it that we have a cup of hot cocoa.


Now I am not wishing November away, or trying to forget about Thanksgiving, but I need to be mindful of what really matters when I feel overwhelmed. I am fine with a dirty, messy house and no clean clothes and work getting done on the computer, with a side of cocoa and a couple of cute kids on either side. I must remember this, and ESPECIALLY do it when I feel I simply cannot. Major reset button.


Tried to link this pic to the rightful owner, but their blog has been taken down. Sorry blogger!

.Wrap up twenty-five childrens books and put them under the tree with a special blanket next to them. Before bed each evening, your kids choose one book to open and read together until Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers