Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sharks and kindness

My prolific artist Tate watched "Soul Surfer" many many times (gotta love that public library dvd collection!) and has obviously been thinking about her. She drew her the picture below that she would like me to send along to Bethany - it shows her with one arm, a shark, bites out of the surfboard, and best yet, Tate wearing a shirt that has a bitten surfboard on it. David and I were crying we were laughing so hard (luckily not in front of Tate for that part). Very sweet, dear of her to draw something like this for this girl Bethany...and hysterical all at the same time. 



It was a great movie, by the way - fine for her age up to mine and beyond. I have a friend who's 6 year old son thought she was searching for her missing arm in the ocean, and Tate's big question to me was "Mommy, will she grow another arm back?" 

In other news, Tate has become a soccer phenom, and Smith is thoroughly enjoying helping coach her during her games. Odd to say, but that boy is going to be a great father some day. Love him. We raced around the park tonight - the 4 of us and Spuddy - good times. We play "battle ball" where you try and kick the ball as hard as you can at each other. I miss EVERY TIME but have gotten good at tackling the kids so they can't kick at me any more. David's aim is legendary.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers