Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Boys vs girls

Intuitive Smith - he was listening to me talk to David at Chic-fil-A tonight (spirit night for our school!) about how I don't like when people say "I don't have time to..." read, knit, golf, see a movie, etc. I see it as you make time for what you want to do - a better way to say it would be "I don't enjoy reading, but watch tv at night instead," or WHATEVER it is you do during down time. Everyone is busy, but we all have decompression time here and there - a few minutes before bed, while the kids are at school, at 5am before the house wakes up. Anyway, David does not understand why this "I don't have time to..." statement makes me so crazy, so I was arguing my point. Smith finally says, "you know, the difference with boys and girls are that girls misinterpret what you're saying. Tate sometimes gets mad at me for saying something that I didn't mean at all." WOW! My 10 year old has figured out Mars vs. Venus! He finished it up by saying he likes the way he thinks, better. Well then.

My point, by the way, is that you CHOOSE to do what is appealing to you - maybe you don't have TIME to read because you watch an hour of tv every night. But it isn't really about time management, it's about choices. Am I being ridiculous? Is it me? Always makes me think of this skit from SNL.




Tate photobomb - David thinks we should make an album of them. She inserts herself in many, many photos.



1 comment:

  1. Funny skit...At the very end, you get a flash of Buckwheat! SNL used to be so great.

    My biggest time suck is the computer. I'd finish more books and have so many more knitted scarves and sweaters and things if it wasn't for the internet! The trick is to have good time management skills. I wonder if that can be learned. Maybe I should ask Smith! He is so wise!

    ReplyDelete

Followers